Saturday, November 13, 2010

New stuff

The kiln was unloaded Thursday and I brought most of the items to the market today- not everything because I knew I would be spending time tweaking my display.
The yellow bird thing is a wall piece made with a darker clay than I usually use. I normally only use this clay for pieces like this that have a large unglazed area.  It is so much richer looking than my regular clay.  It would interfere with the look of most of my glazes though, which is why I don't use it much.

 This is a close-up of the texture on the wall sconce.  The pattern is from scrapbook paper I pressed on the clay.  It is highlighted with a black engobe- turns dark blue under this gray-white glaze.
Mug with a new favorite glaze-Jade Green, and another new glaze on the french butter crock.  I don't know what to call it.  I have experimented quite a bit with the base glaze and have come up with some good colors.  I especially like this one and already have plans for using it more.
On the fern piece, I like the dimension in this glaze a lot. It can be a bit tricky to apply, so not as useful as some others.  I will give this wall piece a copper wire for hanging

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive