My son built us a new computer so I'm giving this a try for the first time. Loading pictures is a little different with this one. Here's a few, some pottery, some not.
A bird used this rake hanging under our carport to help support a nest. You can hear lots of little peeps coming from it. I guess they'll be moved out when we need it this fall.
I put these plates outside to speed up drying, then left to run errands. Naturally, a bird pooped on one. I guess I put it too close to that rake nest.
Not real happy with the glaze on these. I often do like to see some clay body showing through, and now I remember thinning down this glaze because I thought it was too thick last time I used it. Think I overdid it. I may try to reglaze these- always tricky to get good results trying to glaze on already fired ware. This was a specific customer request, so of course something would go wrong.
Some glaze tests. The one on the right is supposed to be purple. I was hoping for something else. This definitely isn't it. The one in the middle has a little green in it. You can see it best in the next shot. It is a combination of two glazes I already have. Might be a possibility. The strong green glaze is not food safe. I had planter pots/outdoor pieces in mind for it.
Better shot of middle glaze. A transparent green where thick.
Another test. I ran out of test tiles so I used this wick holder. This is two glazes I already had mixed up. Grace's Blue layered over Albany Slip Plum. Interesting, but wants to run.
And here's Red making himself at home on the work table.