Wednesday, October 12, 2011

technically challenged

It seems to me this really shouldn't be a problem, but I haven't figured out how to reply to comments on this blog.  So if you haven't heard from me its not because I'm stuck-up.
Anyway, the pumpkins shown in the last posting sold well at the farmer's market last week.  Still have a few left for this week, though.
Here's a picture of test tiles from the last firing I wanted to share because I love the caramel color:
The test tile on the left is Randy's Red over a gray glaze and the one on the right is Randy's Red under the same glaze.  The gray glaze is Grace's Base with some gray Mason stain added.  This gray is boring on its own but I tend to like the way other colors play off of it.  I was extremely pleased to see the caramel color on the left formed by the reaction of these glazes.  I have used Randy's Red under this glaze before- no surprises, I just wanted to get it on a test tile for future reference.  Brushing it over the gray was something new, so the caramel was a nice surprise. 

2 comments:

  1. to reply to comments, just click on the comments button on your own blow and comment just like you were on someone else's blog. you can sign in or a prompt will come up when you post, it's easier if you're already signed into your blog, hope that helps

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive