Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bowls, Bowls, Bowls

Been a while.  Had to clean off my work table before I could take pictures.  I think I need a professional space organizer.
There were a few commissions I needed to get done after Christmas, and now I'm ready for the bowls:  The Empty Bowls Project is coming up. A group of folks here in Marietta, Ohio organize this fundraising event.  They ask area potters to make bowls and get restaurants to donate soup.  People come and buy lunch and take home a bowl.  The money goes to area food pantries.
 Here's a picture of some bowls I just got done trimming and some others I've fired in the past few months.  This year I've tried to get a bowl or two in each firing to avoid cramming just before the event-  my usual m.o., but I still have quite a few to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive