Tuesday, March 8, 2011

getting organized

I was working all last week on a little studio improvement project.  Actually I thought it would take two days, but you know how that goes.  Had help from my advisory committee (husband and son).  My son also did the hammer drilling on the cement blocks.  I'm glad I didn't try to take that part of the job on myself after seeing the dust and debris flying.  Here's how it looks-

    I know this is not exciting to anyone else but this gives me a lot more storage, better height to use scales, and frees up some floor area.  I didn't have a good place for my glaze test tiles before and now I have them up on the pegboard safely out of the way but easy to see.- No more broken tiles!  Underneath the bottom shelf is enough space for my 5 gal. glaze buckets.  What I was using before in this corner was a big 50's linoleum topped table. It was in the house when we bought it.  Kind of neat, but it took up a lot of space without giving me practical storage.  Yesterday I finally got everything put back together so I'm ready to get back to making pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive