Friday, October 3, 2014

here today, gone tomorrow

I am in the process of getting a show together for Riverside Artists Gallery in Marietta.  More on that later.  Let's just say when it hasn't been time consuming it's been mind consuming.  My own work has been neglected.  Etsy?  What Etsy?  But then I received a convo from a potential customer about pumpkins she had seen listed in my sold orders and would I be posting more this year?  That was motivation enough to dust off the photo booth and get to it.  They were listed and gone in less than 24 hours. This is one of the photos I posted showing three out of the four pumpkins I listed on Etsy:
 
That customer purchased three pumpkins.  But before she did a customer who purchased a pumpkin from me last year bought another one to keep it company. This is what she wrote to me later on:
 I just checked your shop and see that all the pumpkins have already sold!! I have been checking regularly hoping that you would have more this year and was thrilled to see them listed yesterday. You may not be having luck with shipping labels, but you certainly know how to make a pumpkin!!
That makes the whole photographing, editing, listing process worth it. Here's the explanation about the shipping label comment:
I had to contact her to apologize that she may have been sent more than one shipping notification.  For some reason I cannot print out online shipping labels either from Etsy or direct from USPS.  But once they're up there on the screen I've paid for it and the customer is notified that it's a done deal. So I applied for refunds then went to the post office and got it done the old fashioned way.
 
I just unloaded the kiln today.  There are more pumpkins, but I'm afraid these are going to have to stay local.  We'll see after next week.   
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised those pumpkins sold so quickly, sometimes Etsy customers are just the best aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis' the season! Love the pumpkins! Etsy, I keep threatening myself with jumping in! Always good to hear when it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, they are. It's an honor when someone becomes a repeat customer.

    Hello Sandy, It worked with pumpkins, but those finials have been sitting there for 2 or 3 months.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive