Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Barn Owl

The time got away from me and I just managed to get two owl ornaments made this season.  I think I made screech owls last year and barred owls the year before.  Or, maybe it was the other way around. This year it is barn owls.


I throw in a little education with the owl- after hours of modeling and painting them, and looking at pictures for reference I want to know more than what they look like.  This one flew off this afternoon to perch at Riverside Artists Gallery.  I need to find a box for the second one before it goes anywhere.
The colors are primarily the same as what I used here.  No glaze was applied. The color is all in the slip, with some cobalt wash for the eyes and rutile englobe on the beak and claws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive